Saturday 4 February 2012

home-made vanilla sugar

Recipe: Home-made vanilla sugar · Kitchen & Aroma


Someone emailed me and asked how I make my own vanilla sugar. It's very simple. Here is my version:

HOME-MADE VANILLA SUGAR

INGREDIENTS

  • organic raw cane sugar
  • 1 vanilla pod

METHOD

  1. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape the seeds out with the knife tip
  2. In a glass jar with a lid, put organic raw cane sugar, all the seeds from the vanilla pod, and the split pod itself. You don't have to use all the seeds if you don't want too, in fact you don't need to use any. But I like my version with all the seeds
  3. Store in a closed jar, occasionally replacing the vanilla pod/seeds
Home-made vanilla sugar in a glass jar · Kitchen & Aroma

Pin It button on image hover